off-season lounge: luv2ly09


luv2ly09, montage creator --

How long do the montages take to create?
It takes a lot of time and effort to create a montage, but how long does it take me to make one? Well it depends on a lot of different things, like the length of the montage, the amount of transitions, the effects and colorings I use, and last but not least how inspired I am. For example, it took me about a month to create the "To make you feel my love" montages and that was mostly because of the length of the song.

to make you feel my love, scott's perspective

to make you feel my love, tessa's perspective

And for "A thousand years," it took me about a week to finish. But I know I'm a slow vidder. I usually never upload my first draft.

How do you choose your songs?
Hmm that's a good question. Well if it's a "skating montage" I usually choose a song that goes well with the choreography/skating, like "Danza Kuduro" and "On the floor." I felt that both songs went really well with the rhumba pattern and the latin feeling of the SD.

danza kuduro

If it's a "fanvid/montage," then for me it's all about the lyrics. For example, I chose "A thousand years" after I watched PJ's interview at nationals, the one where she asks Scott and Tessa about the "definition of romance". Scott said: "I believe in the whole 'everyone has another half that they have to find in the world,' so that's romantic" and Tessa said: "... the ability to laugh and completely be yourself with someone else is the most romantic thing ever." I could have put that part in the beginning of the montage but I put it towards the end because I wanted the montage to build with all the lyrics, especially with "I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more." So, that's why I chose to vid that song. It's a beautiful song and the depth of love and emotion that you feel well it really does reflect their definition of romance, and it's so them.

a thousand years

How do you use special effects? What are your favorite techniques to use when you create montages?
I don't really do special effects but I do work with visual effects. I use them to create a mood and feel and to have a unique look for my montages. My favorite techniques are Color Correction and Time Remapping. I also use transitions, and one of my favorite techniques is Color Transitions. You can see them in "A thousand years" when the clip goes from color to black and white and vice-versa. Also every clip was colored, so you can also see the color correction through out the montage.

What makes a montage really successful to you?
Oh, that's a good question. I think for some it may be the amount of views the montage gets but for me it's all about the feedback. After all the hard work you put in making them there is nothing like reading the comments people post, and how they loved/liked it, and how they are looking forward to the next montage--that's when I know the montage was successful.

source: original interview

4 comments:

seyi1205 said...

I love all her videos so much!

iggie said...

i love them too! everyone i interviewed creates such beautiful pieces.

Anonymous said...

"Danza Kuduro" is one my favorite this season, along with "Save the Last Dance" from jpenelopest and another Latin themed vid from sailorjupiter "Suavemente" Nice representation of VMs FD last year and SD this year with touch of ATS in between. :)

iggie said...

i too enjoyed montages that used their 2011-2012 programs only. in fact, that's all i featured during the season.